An emulsion is defined as a dispersion of one liquid into another immiscible liquid. An emulsion consists of two phases: the dispersed/internal phase and the continuous/external phase. Emulsions are created in a variety of In the world of oil emulsions, one of the liquids is aqueous and the other is oil. However, oil emulsions can be easily classified into three main groups: water-in-oil emulsions, oil-in-water emulsions, and multiple (or complex) emulsions. The type of emulsion formed is dependent on the amount of each phase that is present. Continue reading for a brief explanation of the various types of emulsions, and how Pion's BEE brand of high pressure homogenizers can assist with your next emulsification project.
- Water-in-oil emulsions consist of water droplets in an oil external phase. These are the most produced emulsions in the industry.
- Oil-in-water emulsions consist of oil droplets in a water external phase. These are often referred to as reverse emulsions.
- Also known as Complex Emulsions, these types of emulsions consist of water droplets suspended in bigger droplets suspended in a continuous phase.
High Pressure Homogenization for Nano/Micro Emulsions
BEE International’s line of high pressure homogenizers help with the creation of emulsions for a number of growing industries, including cosmetic, pharmaceutical, chemical, and food. Our high pressure homogenizers, like the DeBEE 2000, produce a homogenous mix of small, uniform particles for an evenly dispersed emulsion or mixture. Our equipment offers the following benefits:
- Ability to produce nano and micro emulsions
- Can achieve stable emulsions with droplet sizes below 100nm
- Extended product shelf life and efficacy of resulting emulsion
- Ability to vary shear force, impact force, and cavitation
- Sanitary design
- Modular design for lower cost replacement parts
- Validation procedures and documentation
- Data gathering capabilities
- Automated Clean In Place (CIP)
- PLC Control and monitoring for simple push-button operation
- Stainless steel enclosure
- Guaranteed scale-up from R&D to manufacturing
Pion offers a variety of high pressure homogenizers for use in all manufacturing settings, including laboratory, pilot plants, and large-scale industrial production plants.
Contact us today to learn more about how our line of high pressure homogenizers can help with your application.